Timbus on Twitter
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 08:32
iPRES, the major international conference on digital preservation, will be held at the Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal, from 2-6 September 2013. The conference invites original contributions addressing a wide range digital preservation challenges.
Papers, posters and demonstrations, panels, and workshops topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Innovation in Digital Preservation: Novel Challenges and Scenarios; Innovative Approaches; Preservation at Scale; Domain-specific Challenges (Cultural Heritage, Technical and Scientific Processes and Data, Engineering Models and Simulation, Medical Records, Corporate Processes and Recordkeeping, Web Archiving, Personal Archiving, e-Procurement, etc.)
- Systems Life-cycle: Specific Digital Preservation Requirements and Implications in Modeling, Design, Development, Deployment and Maintenance
- Governance: Risk Analysis; Audit, Trust and Certification, Trusted Repositories; Information/Data Quality
- Business Models and Added-value of Digital Preservation: Benefits Analysis, Emerging Exploitation Scenarios, Long-Tail of Digital Preservation
- Theory of Digital Preservation: Interdisciplinary Modeling, Representation Concepts, Incentive Structures
- Case Studies and Best Practices: Processes, Metadata, Systems, Services, Infrastructures
- Training and Education
Call for Contributions:
- Full and Short Papers: Full papers (8 to 10 pages) must report research work with proved results. Short papers (4 to 6 pages) can focus in new challenges and work in progress. All contributions, which must report on novel and previously unpublished work, will be peer-reviewed by at least 3 members of the scientific Program Committee. The accepted papers will be published in the iPRES-2013 proceedings (in digital form). Best papers will be recommended for publication in archival journals.
- Posters and Demonstrations: Submissions (2 to 4 pages) are encouraged for posters reporting on emerging issues or work in progress, and also for demonstrations of innovative solutions. All contributions will be peer-reviewed. The accepted posters and demos will be published in the proceedings
- Panels: Proposals for thematic panels to be held during the main conference program can be submitted by 3 to 5 experts. Acceptance will be judged on the merits of the proposal and relevance for the expected audience. Proposals must detail the subject, motivation and panelists.
- Workshops: Acceptance will be judged on the merits of the proposal, requirements for its organization, and local capability to support it (which should not be a major constraint).
- Tutorials: Tutorials must be on a single topic, addressed at either an introductory level or an in-depth, expert level. Submissions, for tutorials should include a brief abstract and an outline of the content, the duration (half-day 3 hours or full-day 6 hours), a description of the intended audience and the expected learning outcomes, and a short biography of the presenter(s).
- Doctoral Symposium: iPRES-2013 will hold a Doctoral Symposium. A specific call for contributions will be issued, in cooperation with the DC-2013
- Full or Short Papers, Posters or Demonstrations: Proposals must be submitted on-line, in PDF, according to the ACM template (preserving the empty space in lieu of the ACM copyright note in the bottom left corner)
- 21 April 2013: Deadline for Submission of Papers, Posters and Demonstrations
- 19 May 2013: Deadline for Workshops
- 26 May 2013: Workshops notification
- 02 June 2013: Deadline for Tutorials and Panels
- 07 June 2013: Author notification
- 09 June 2013: Draft program announcement
- 08 July 2013: Deadline for early registration
- 02 September 2013: Tutorials sessions and Doctoral Symposium
- 03 September 2013: Conference starting…
- 05 September 2013: Conference closing (noon time)
- 05 September 2013: Workshops starting (afternoon)
- IPRES-2013 web site: http://ipres2013.ist.utl.pt/
- IPRES-2013 will be held at the Instituto Superior Técnico: https://www.ist.utl.pt/en/
- iPRES-2013 will be co-located with the International Conference on Dublin Core and Metadata Applications, DC-2013: http://dcevents.dublincore.org/index.php/IntConf/dc-2013/
Please forward this call to anybody who might be interested!