In this section
- Open Planets Foundation http://www.openplanetsfoundation.org/
Established to provide practical solutions and expertise in digital preservation, building on the research and development outputs of the Planets project.
- DPC (Digital Preservation Coalition) http://www.dpconline.org
The Digital Preservation Coalition fosters joint action to address the urgent challenges of securing the preservation of digital resources in the UK and to work with others internationally to secure our global digital memory and knowledge base. Established as a not-for-profit membership organisation the coalition provides a mechanism by which members can work together to realise the opportunities of long term access.|
- DCC (Digital Curation Centre) http://www.dcc.ac.uk/
The Digital Curation Centre is the UK’s leading hub of expertise in curating digital research data.
- JISC (Joint Information Systems Committee) http://www.jisc.ac.uk/
JISC champion digital technology in UK higher education. JISC offers leadership and support to UK educational organisations at a local, national and international level. We provide resources, knowledge and expertise that colleges and universities would struggle to source individually due to cost and resource. By staying abreast of developments across information and digital technology we help the UK education community make investment decisions that ensure they deliver the learner experience their students demand.
- APA (Alliance for Permanent Access) http://www.alliancepermanentaccess.org/
The Alliance aims to develop a shared vision and framework for a sustainable organisational infrastructure for permanent access to scientific information.
- PREMIS (PREservation Metadata: Implementation Strategies) http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/
PREMIS is an international working group concerned with developing metadata for use in digital preservation. A de-facto standard.
17 May 2013 | 14:33pm
11 Jan 2013 | 16:09pm
19 Dec 2012 | 15:18pm
5 Nov 2012 | 11:42am